Las Madrinas History
Las Madrinas Guild is celebrating its sixtieth year working to raise funds for children in need of health care. The first formal meeting of the Las Madrinas (The Godmothers) Guild was held March 9, 1950. Our Guild was one of the original 13 guilds formed to support Valley Children's Hospital. In 2001, the hospital was renamed Childrens's Hospital Central California.
Currently we are working with other guilds in the San Joaquin Valley to fulfill our pledge of $5 million to establish the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Endowment. The endowment will provide permanent support for the fully-accredited Child Advocacy Center.